Basic Hormone Test
Accurately determines specific hormone imbalances related to scoliosis
Get Balanced and Get $15 Store Credit
This test is available to US Residents only.
Store credit is applied when your order has been shipped.
Promotion valid from 10/1/2021 - 10/31/2021. Store credits do not expire.
- Stock: 11
- Restrictions: US Residents only
- Results: Detailed report with analysis and suggestions included
- Processing: Please allow 4-6 weeks for results from the processing lab
How does this product work and affect scoliosis?
Hormones are a well-known contributing factor to the onset and/or progression of idiopathic scoliosis.1 However, testing hormone levels can be tricky given the variable nature of checking blood levels.2,3 Therefore, salivary hormone testing is a highly reliable and consistent alternative to measure hormones in a non-invasive way.4 This test is easy to collect in the comfort of your own home and saves a child from having to get his/her blood drawn. Salivary hormone testing is also a great, economical way of verifying treatment effect once a person begun a specific prescription, nutrient, or lifestyle strategy designed to help improve hormone levels.
Questions About Testing
Does the test need to be repeated?
The recommended time frame at which to retest is shown in your report. However, you or your provider may or may not recommend retesting at a different interval depending upon your response to the nutrients.
Will my insurance cover the cost of the tests?
Some major medical insurances (not including Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare, and other Federal insurance plans) may reimburse you for the cost of this test.
1. Burwell RG, Aujla RK, Grevitt MP, Dangerfield PH, Moulton A, Randell TL, Anderson SI. Pathogenesis of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in girls - a double neuro-osseous theory involving disharmony between two nervous systems, somatic and autonomic expressed in the spine and trunk: possible dependency on sympathetic nervous system and hormones with implications for medical therapy. Scoliosis. 2009 Oct 31;4:24.
2. Carey BJ, Carey AH, Patel S, Carter G, Studd JW. A study to evaluate serum and urinary hormone levels following short and long-term administration of two regimens of progesterone cream in postmenopausal women. BJOG. 2000 Jun;107(6):722-6.
3. Webley GE, Edwards R. Direct assay for progesterone in saliva: comparison with a direct serum assay. Ann Clin Biochem. 1985 Nov;22 ( Pt 6):579-85.
4. Gavrilova N, Lindau ST. Salivary sex hormone measurement in a national, population-based study of older adults. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2009 Nov;64 Suppl 1(Suppl 1):i94-105.
How will this product help?
Several patterns of hormone imbalances have been linked to the onset and progression of scoliosis. These imbalanced patterns serve as a faulty “posture memory”. Identification and re-balancing these neurotransmitter levels have been shown to improve treatment outcomes in patients in scoliosis-specific rehabilitation programs. In addition, it may be used for purposes of differential diagnosis, prediction of scoliosis onset, and/or prediction of severe curve progression.