Bone Health Test
Accurately determines the rate of bone-building vs breaking down
- Stock: 13
- Results: Detailed report with analysis and suggestions included
- Processing: Detailed report with analysis and suggestions included
- Restrictions: US Residents only
Questions About Testing
Does the test need to be repeated?
The recommended time frame at which to retest is shown in your report. However, you or your provider may or may not recommend retesting at a different interval depending upon your response to the nutrients.
Will my insurance cover the cost of the tests?
Some major medical insurances (not including Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare, and other Federal insurance plans) may reimburse you for the cost of the NeuroHormone test. Your provider may give you a prescription order for this testing that you can submit to your insurance along with your proof of payment.
This is subject to coverage on your particular policy. You may contact ScoliSMART for the appropriate CPT codes.
1. Humphries B, Newton RU, Bronks R, Marshall S, McBride J, Triplett-McBride T, Häkkinen K, Kraemer WJ, Humphries N. Effect of exercise intensity on bone density, strength, and calcium turnover in older women. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jun;32(6):1043-50.
2. Abe Y, Ishikawa H, Fukao A. Higher efficacy of urinary bone resorption marker measurements in assessing response to treatment for osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2008 Jan;214(1):51-9.
3. Murphy MG, Weiss S, McClung M, Schnitzer T, Cerchio K, Connor J, Krupa D, Gertz BJ; MK-677/Alendronate Study Group. Effect of alendronate and MK-677 (a growth hormone secretagogue), individually and in combination, on markers of bone turnover and bone mineral density in postmenopausal osteoporotic women. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001 Mar;86(3):1116-25.
How will this product help?
Scoliosis bone health testing can serve as an early warning sign for the onset of osteoporosis, age-related curve progression, or poor quality of bone during adolescent growth. Bone metabolism (the process of bone building and breaking down at a normal rate) is one of the most research aspects of the scoliosis condition. This process is most critical for adolescent patients during periods of rapid growth, as well as, women with scoliosis over the age of 40 years old.
Does the test need to be repeated?
This test can be repeated every 4 months to ensure the nutrient regimen is working as intended.
Does this test eliminate the need for a Bone Density Scan?
No. This test provides a different unit of measure. The Bone Health Test should be ideally performed together with a Bone Density Scan if you haven’t had one in the last 2 years. Your provider can give you a referral for an updated Bone Density Scan if you need one.
How does this product work and affect scoliosis?
Progressive loss of bone density not only leads to the development of osteopenia or osteoporosis, but it can also cause existing scoliosis to rapidly accelerate. Ongoing bone density loss may also hamper the ability of physical exercise treatment for scoliosis to provide a lasting benefit in the curve. This is a significant risk factor in menopausal females, as nearly 2 out of 3 women age 60 and up will be diagnosed with scoliosis. This test provides an assessment of the byproducts of bone breakdown. It can be used to initially diagnose bone density loss, as well as to monitor the outcome of various bone density nutrient or exercise regimens. It is an easy, non-invasive, and accurate way to detect bone density changes.