- Stock: 22
- Supply: 2 months
- Cost per Day: $0.55
- Dosage: 1 tablet every night with liquid
- Cost per Dose: $0.55
1. Gutknecht L, Jacob C, Strobel A, et al. Tryptophan hydroxylase-2 gene variation influences personality traits and disorders related to emotional dysregulation. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2007 Jun;10(3):309-20.
2. Bruni O, Ferri R, Miano S, et al. L -5-hydroxytryptophan treatment of sleep terrors in children. Eur J Pediatr. 2004 Jul;163(7):402-07.
3. Morningstar, M. Neurotransmitter patterns in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis (AIS). Scoliosis 8, O1 (2013).
4. Machida M, Dubousset J, Yamada T, Kimura J. Serum melatonin levels in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis prediction and prevention for curve progression--a prospective study. J Pineal Res. 2009 Apr;46(3):344-8.
How will this product help?
Low serotonin is a common finding in patients with scoliosis.3 Normalizing Serotonin levels has effects on many aspects of a patient’s life including postural control, mood, and ability to sleep.
How does this product work and affect scoliosis?
Posture Memory is a controlled-release version of 5-HTP, the immediate precursor to serotonin. Studies have found a large percentage of idiopathic scoliosis patients are deficient in Serotonin3, which leads to low conversion of Melatonin, which is often cited as a possible cause of scoliosis curve progression.4