Scoliosis DNA Test Kit
Accurately determines specific genetic variants associated with Scoliosis
- Stock: 100
- Restrictions: Available world-wide* & genetic privacy guaranteed
- Processing: Please allow 4-6 weeks for results from the processing lab
- Results: Detailed report with analysis and suggestions included
Questions About Testing
Does the test need to be repeated?
The recommended time frame at which to retest is shown in your report. However, you or your provider may or may not recommend retesting at a different interval depending upon your response to the nutrients.
Will my insurance cover the cost of the tests?
Some major medical insurances (not including Medicare, Medicaid, TriCare, and other Federal insurance plans) may reimburse you for the cost of the NeuroHormone test. Your provider may give you a prescription order for this testing that you can submit to your insurance along with your proof of payment.
This is subject to coverage on your particular policy. You may contact ScoliSMART for the appropriate CPT codes.
1. Heary RF, Madhavan K. Genetics of scoliosis. Neurosurgery. 2008 Sep;63(3 Suppl):222-7.
2. Giampietro PF, Pourquie O, Raggio C, Ikegawa S, Turnpenny PD, Gray R, Dunwoodie SL, Gurnett CA, Alman B, Cheung K, Kusumi K, Hadley-Miller N, Wise CA. Summary of the first inaugural joint meeting of the International Consortium for scoliosis genetics and the International Consortium for vertebral anomalies and scoliosis, March 16-18, 2017, Dallas, Texas. Am J Med Genet A. 2018 Jan;176(1):253-256.
*DNA test is not available in the following countries: Afghanistan, Belarus, Burundi, Crimea Region of Ukraine, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Mali, Myanmar, North Korea, Russia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey, South Sudan, Antarctica, Brazil, South Korea, Japan
How will this product help?
Determine how many and which specific genetic variants a patient with scoliosis has is the fundamental basis for all additional testing and nutritional therapies. In addition, it may be used for purposes of differential diagnosis, prediction of scoliosis onset, and/or prediction of severe curve progression.
How does this product work and affect scoliosis?
Scoliosis is far more than just a spinal curvature. Decades of research have uncovered various genetic variants that are associated with scoliosis. Many of these genetic variants can directly impact the onset or progression of scoliosis. Therefore, it is important to address any genetic variants that may predispose scoliosis to continually get worse over time, even into adulthood.